Thursday, December 12, 2013

The new neighbors at Netherfield

The day had finally come, it was the day of the ball and everyone was invited. My sisters and I had been looking forward to it for days, and especially now because Netherfield has received new visitors and made plans to join the upcoming ball. Mama had instantly considered the new neighbors to be suitors for one of her daughters, so she insisted that we meet them immediately. Mostly referring to Mr. Bingley who she heard made 5,000 a year. when the ball had finally arrived, there entered Mr. Bingley, Mr. Darcy, Caroline Bingley, and Mr. and Mrs. Hurst. If I was to let my feelings run away with me I would say that Mr. Bingley and i made very good connection when first meeting. He was everything that a young man ought to be sensible, good humored, and very handsome. Mr. Bingley was very kind and an extremely respectable gentleman. He danced most the night and talked to everyone he met and was lively fellow. What shocked me the most was when he asked me to dance with him a second time. I was very flattered and I was even beginning to think he liked me. I was not sure however so I did not jump to any conclusions, after all he was probably just being a gentleman. I for one liked him but chose to keep my feelings to myself until I was sure his affections were returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment